An exciting internship opportunity with a startup to shape the future of college education
We’re looking for a sharp and enthusiastic intern to help us build Resource University — the next-generation social learning platform for higher education — and to get the the word out about it. You’ll be a key part of our small team and get hands-on experience on building a community. You’ll also gain exposure to the startup lifecycle and learn firsthand how companies grow and scale. You will work directly with our founder and be involved in key decisions. The work will be both exciting and exacting. And if you excel, there is a possibility that we may hire you for ongoing work.
Note 1: This is a paid position of $15/hour, 10-20 hours per week
Note 2: You will not be fetching coffee or making photocopies.
WHO WE ARE
We are an educational technology company excited about building RESOURCE UNIVERSITY with a vision to transform the future of college education. We intend to achieve this by leveraging technology and developing a community of college students and professors who create and share resources for learning, teaching, research and career development.
At Resource University, we are focused on making our experience and expertise in education technology help reduce barriers to education and make it accessible to more. We are a startup with a small team that places a high emphasis on creating value for our users - college students and professors. What we do and how we do it is guided by our company’s core values of Excellence, Collaboration, Integrity, and Diversity.
Who we are looking for
One intern, motivated and a self-starter with
- Exceptional written/oral communication skills
- Passion for education and learning
- Sound understanding of, and love for, social media
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience in video production a major plus (though not required)
- Detail-oriented, organized, thorough, punctual: has ability to work both quickly and with quality to get stuff done
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly
- Experience working at a startup is a plus, as is having a strong social media following
- Interest in the tech startup world and willingness to take a high level of ownership of a project, executing from initial ideation to completion
- Currently enrolled in a full-time Bachelor’s program
About Your role
Your responsibilities will likely include (but are not limited to):
- Posting to and monitoring social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram )
- Identifying and developing value-added services for college students and professors
- Blogging (which might include research, profiling our awesome members and more fun)
- Helping to make videos for our YouTube channel
- Posting and responding to questions on forums
- Help with organizing and running events
- Providing support for market research
- Assisting with advertising and promotional activities including social media, blogging, communicating with students and professors
- Other assorted tasks relating to marketing and growth hacking
For the most part, you will be working in Stamford, CT. Some part of the work may require traveling to nearby colleges for market research.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a cover letter and your resume along with links to your own social media. We will review applications on a rolling basis and are hoping to hire someone who can start immediately. Note that we will not consider applications that do not include a cover letter.